The guide explores six common lab workflows in the chemical industry where weighing plays an integral role: Formulation, moisture analysis (loss on drying/ignition), particle size analysis/distribution, density determination, sample preparation for titration, and preparation of reference substances for HPLC or GC.
Efficient Weighing Workflows in the Chemical IndustryGood analytical results start with a good weighing process. The free weighing guide focuses on optimizing 6 common lab workflows in the chemical-industry where weighing plays an integral role:
- Moisture Content, Loss on Drying (LoD), Loss on Ignition (LoI)
- Particle Size analysis and distribution
- Density determination of solids and porous or viscous materials
- Sample preparation for titration
- Preparation of reference substances for HPLC or GC analysis
Weighing is the first step in virtually any analysis. Therefore, optimizing the process - for example, weighing directly into tare containers - has a positive impact for subsequent steps. Likewise, errors or unmet standards that remain unaddressed at this stage can multiply down the line, causing rework, costly lost batches, or consumer liability.